Friday, July 23, 2010

Invite Dan Allen over

Cacky says that I am not allowed to post in her blog, however it's becoming alot clearer that she really just isn't going to post anything anytime soon. I thought people might want to know where we are with the hosue. I also got yelled at for my spelling. I can't spell, I know that. This isn't a novel, it's a blog that I write when I get a few minutes.

I have found that if you want to get things done around the house you need the Allen/Casey clan to come over and attack it like an army.

The head of the army is no other then Cackys father Dan Allen. He pretty much lives with us a few nights a week now. He a cool guy and loves to do projects. That helps my motivation factor alot. I like working on things alot with other people. Cacky is a actauly a geat help, better then I ever expected. Dan is the one who is not afraid to start a big project. I am usualy a bit hesitant, but I am glad I have someone to push me through and do things that way I want them done.

I belive it was day one of officialy working on the house as owners, notcounting all of the work he helped with before it was ours. He was itching to tare something apart. The hallway to the bed rooms was very small due to a poor installation of Air conditioning duct work to upstairs. We had decided that we wanted to remove wall that covered the duct work and the duct work so that hallway would be bigger and then install a second AC unit upstairs so that we didn't need duct work to up there anyway. Dan decided that it was good time to start that project to he got a hammer and layed into it.


There were 2 ducts going to upstrairs, one to feed the air and one to return it. I got to attack the duct work. I dropped the old hockey shoulder and charged. I was a little rusty on the first hit, but then remember keep your feet moving toward the target. That worked well, good bye duct work.


While all this was going on we were removing baseboard shoe molding and the tac strips that were down for all of wall to wall carpeting that we cust most of out on move in day.


There was blue carpet padding that was stuck to the floor that we had to scrape off everywhere. Cacky scraped most of it. Isn't she a good helper?

I was able to find a grate for the floor that fit perfectly where the act vents were that went upstairs. I am not sure if this is perminant or not, but beats the heck out of a giant hole.















1 comment: