Friday, July 23, 2010

sanding, crack filling and painting

Still trying to get the blog up to date here.
A few weeks ago we started painting. I had the door sanded down and primed as one of the stipulations to get the house and now it was time to finaly paint it.

The original pictures of the house I can't find. I think they are on my desktop that is packed in a box somewhere. So I will just post what I have.
While we were painting the room we decided that the only place for the TV to go is above the mantal. The only problem with that is that I hate looking at tv's above the mantal when you have to look up at them. We decided that the best we to go would be to shorten the mantal. After we cut it we realized that the plater didn't come down far enough to meet the new mantal height. Dan came up with the plan to buy a massonary blade and put it in my new circular saw to cut a straight line in the wall. If there was a straight cut we could later shim out a piece of sheet rock so the wall would look perfect.

Here is the room primed with the mantal off.
That pretty much sums up the living room, while we were at it we changed all of the electrical outlets and the covers. We still have to hang the tv and run the wires for it.
You will notice random furniture all over the place, that is beacuse before we start working on a room we take everything out of it and place it in other rooms.














No comments:

Post a Comment