Friday, July 23, 2010

Sump Pump Day

Still E
Back in the begining I talked about a little pump being broken for the ac that pumped water outside. I had it draining on the floor and into the sump pump hole that didn't have a sump pump in it.  That is the same place I had the dehumidifier draining.  The ground kept on soaking up all of the water and I never had a problem.  Well this past weekend I looked in the hole and it was finaly almost full.  Ut oh.  Cackys mom is at the house and I am going to have to turn on the AC?  I don't think so.
Dan and I got to work. I had ordered a refurbished sump pump on ebay.  It was about 45$ shipped which is less then half the price they were in hope depot.  Our major problem was that the whole in the cement was not big enough for the float to move freely.  We measured the home depot pumps too, they needed the same amount of room that the one I bought needed.
Dan came up with the plan, we put the masonary blade back in the circular saw and scored a line as deep as we could into the concrete basement floor and then used a cold chisel and a 4lb hammer to break away the rest of the concrete.  We then dug the whole deeper lined the walls of the hole with chicken wire and mixed up some quick setting concrete to go in the whole and line the walls.

While the concrete was hardening we ran the electrical and the plumbing for the pump.  We extended the ac drain line into the sump pump hole and set the dehumidifier up on the wall with a drain line into the sump pump hole as well.

Let me tell you, but setup works like a champ, it's quite and just works.  We also put a one way valve just after the sump pump so the water that is pump up the tube can't come back down after it hits that valve.


No comments:

Post a Comment